Robyn Monk (CYA-YT, E-RYT-550, RYDI, FRCms) is a Certified Yoga Therapist, therapeutic yoga teacher, Registered Yoga Detour™ Instructor and Functional Range Conditioning mobility specialist.
Robyn has been practicing yoga for nearly 20 years and completed her first yoga teacher training in 2007. She has since completed advanced teacher trainings in Yoga Therapy at the Vancouver School of Yoga, a Therapeutic Yoga for Pain Management certificate at Langara College and multiple other professional development programs. Robyn continues to study the many different aspects of healing within yoga and offers both therapeutic group classes and private sessions in her yoga therapy practice.
Inspired by anatomy, biomechanics, movement science and current pain science research, Robyn’s classes blend traditional and therapeutic yoga with functional movement, gentle strength and mobility work, breath practices and mindfulness. Her background as a professional dancer and 25 years of teaching experience in various fields also inform her work and approach to movement.
Robyn moved to Squamish in 2016 and is very happy to call this community home. When she is not on her mat she can be found spending time with her partner and kids, exploring forest trails and nearby beaches, paddling, climbing, biking and dreaming about the next family adventure!
Education & Training
Therapeutic Yoga for Pain Management certificate
Langara College – Vancouver, B.C.
Foundations of Yoga Therapy program
Vancouver School of Yoga – Vancouver, B.C.
200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training
Semperviva Teachers College – Vancouver, B.C.
SPECIALIZED TRAINING AND WORKSHOPS:
– Functional Range Conditioning mobility specialist (FRCms)
– Registered Yoga Detour™ Instructor (RYDI)
– Reconciling Biomechanics with Pain Science with Greg Lehman
– Anatomy Trains for Movement Professionals with Sherri Leigh Iwaschuk
– Pain Foundations certificate from Pain B.C.
– Therapeutic Yoga Intensive and mentorship with Susi Hately
– Anatomy and Kinesiology of Yoga with Susi Hately
– Restorative Yoga Therapeutics with Tianne Allen
– Therapeutic Yoga Applications for Pain Management with Maggie Reagh
– Chronic Pain and Trauma with Nicole Marcia
– Yoga Therapy for Mental Health with Nicole Marcia
– Pain Care Yoga with Neil Pearson
– Understanding Modern Pain Science with Janice Muir, RN
– Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction for Chronic Pain with Linda Turner
– Prenatal Yoga training with Janice Clarfield
– Later Life Yoga with Sylvia Smallman
– Hands on Assists with Rachel Scott
– RAD Yoga level 1 certification with Chelsea Lee
– Yoga Detour Method and YD Synthesis with Cecily Milne/Yoga Detour
– CrossFade Mentorship with Caitlin Casella
Distinction: The Yoga therapy components of my teaching are based on my training in Yoga Therapy and Therapeutic Yoga, and not derived from my status as an RYT. I hold separate yoga teaching certifications and I am insured.