Private Movement Therapy Sessions
Whether you are looking to get out of pain, rehab an injury so you can get back to what you love doing or simply improve your overall strength, mobility and ease in movement, private sessions give us the opportunity to customize a practice that will serve you best and focus on your personal needs and goals.
What you can expect from me:
- A holistic approach that takes a body-mind perspective and considers all the contributing factors of what you are experiencing.
- Supportive and empowering guidance in yoga and movement techniques to help you find balance in your own body. I offer a compassionate, trauma-informed approach and a customized session designed to meet you where you are at on each given day.
- An intake and assessment to specifically address your individual needs. We will look at alignment, movement patterns and structural integrity to correct physical imbalances if necessary. We’ll use yoga postures, body awareness, mobility training and self-myofascial release to open up tight areas and to strengthen and stabilize others where needed.
- Practical methods for calming the nervous system to help reduce pain, stress, anxiety, etc. with the use of yoga techniques such as breath work, relaxation, meditation, mindfulness practices, visualization, and restorative yoga postures.
- You will also be given techniques to practice at home which will help you to progress more quickly in your goals.
Timeline: Pain is complex and where it hurts is often not where the problem is.
In a single session we can relieve some of the symptoms and give you some simple tools to use as you need, but we can’t always get down to the root cause of the problem.
If you are looking to make some lasting changes, to reduce pain long term, build strength, and find more freedom and ease in your life, I encourage you to learn more about my 1:1 program called Move With Ease.